FIRE HOSE COUPLING & TESTING
At ABC Fire & Safety, we will inspect, test, and re-couple your fire hose in compliance with NFPA1962-2008 Requirements for Testing Occupant-Use Hose
We also inspect nozzles:
- 4.3.2. In-service hose intended for occupant use only shall be removed and service-tested as specified in Chapter 7 after the date of manufacture and every 3 years thereafter
- 4.3.4. In-service hose shall be un-racked, unreeled, or unrolled and physically inspected as specified in Section 4-6 at least annually. Hose shall be re-racked, re-reeled, or re-rolled so that any folds do not occur at the same position on the hose
- 4.6.1. Physical inspection shall determine that the hose, couplings, and any nozzles have not been vandalized, are free of debris, and exhibit evidence of mildew, rot, or damage by chemicals, burns, cuts, abrasion, and vermin
"WE SERVICE WHAT WE SELL". Give us a call to discuss your requirements.
- 6.1.2. All nozzles shall be inspected after each use and at least annually.
- 6.1.3 The nozzle inspection shall verify the following:
- The waterway is clear
- There is no damage to the tip
- All controls and adjustments operate as designed
- The shut off valve if so equipped operates as designed and closes off the flow completely
- There are no missing or broken parts
- The thread gasket is in good condition in accordance with 6.3